Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Fountain of Youth

I remember wondering about the stories of the fountain of youth when I was very young. I didn't understand why people wanted to be young. I am still not sure. I don't really want to be younger. Looking younger, yes, but actually being younger. I want to feel younger. Of course, I might think differently when I am another 20 years older.

I was surprised to learn that pure water is the fountain of youth. It amazed me that people knew - hundreds of years ago, that youth and water were symbiotic. You cannot have youthful looking skin, and feel younger, unless you drink lots of pure water. In fact, if you don't drink at least 2 bottles of water a day, then you can do all the health diets and beauty regimes you want - they won't produce the desired effects.

I have started to see beauty in older people. I have always seen older men as more attractive than younger men - that is just a personal preference. I'm now appreciating the look of an older woman. There is something in her eyes that is a challenge. I now see men that want a younger women as weak - unable to meet the challenge.

Of course, many older women come with baggage. A lot of us never reach our 'mids' without being emotionally damaged. That is a sad fact, but the truth is, we can overcome anything if we choose. I for one do not want to let my ex husband's selfishness ruin my chances of being happy. He made his choices. I choose to let go.

Cleansing the mind and body has long been a part of the holistic health platform. I use to scoff at it. Holistic health was just a money grab, but now I am taking a second look. Maybe they knew more about youth a few centuries ago than we know now.

Work at Home Freelance
In Celebration of Older Women
Beautiful Forever
Living With Food Related Diseases
Living With Food Related Diseases

No comments: